UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of each child. UNICEF has spent 70 years operating to enhance the lives of children and their households. defending kids’s rights at some point of their lives calls for a global presence, aiming to provide effects and apprehend their outcomes. UNICEF believes all children have a right to continue to exist, thrive and satisfy their potential – to the gain of a higher global.
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
- Analyze VCM network data and generate maps on missed children due to non-compliance and resistance, as well as to other factors in the high risk and other states, in particular from:
- In and end process indicators;
- Vaccinators Non-compliance/Redo forms and Tally sheets;
- Social mobilization consultantsâ€™/zonal reports;
- Social profiling of polio cases and non-polio cases to inform appropriate communication approaches at the implementation level
- Social maps from each state/ward;
- Routine EPI data (e.g. OPV coverage); and
- Other reports available
- Under the direction of the polio communication data specialist, support the development of presentations and analysis of data sets for the Communication component of the ERC and Independent Monitoring Board reviews.
- Support the development of a standard reporting presentation of the communication and social data analysis. This should include providing updated trend analysis and dashboard reporting of the communication indicators after every polio campaign.
- Enhance data collection and analysis for sentinel sites in communities identified in high risk areas where communication activities can be more closely monitored and then from which data can be gathered over the course of several IPDs. The data will be analyzed and correlated with communication interventions to demonstrate trends in immunization that can be linked to the social activities.
- Undertake at least 2 special investigations using the standard profile to inform communication strategies.
- Carry out in-depth analysis of presentation and use of data in State general and social mobilization consultants reports and recommend amendments/changes for improved flow and utilization of social mobilization data by the State Consultants (Social Mobilization Committees)
- Provide hands-on training on data management and use to State Social Mobilization Committee (SMC).
Key Accountabilities And Duties & Tasks
Job Grade Factors:
- Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of duties and key results.
- Interact with the Emergency Operation Centre Situation Analysis and communication working groups, WHO Data Officers, STOP Teams, SIA Teams and Social Mobilization consultants/personnel posted to all key endemic States for in-depth collection and analysis of polio and routine data.
- Link social mobilization and EPI data with the presence of WPV.
- Give technical support before and during the introduction of Harvard Polling methology and take advantage of the findings of this study to refine the social data analysis.
- Participates in and contributes to the budget and programme review and planning. Together with the polio communication data specialist, contributes to programme work plans, allocation of resources, and monitors progress and compliance.
Qualification and Competencies (indicates the level of proficiency required for the job.)
- As a technical specialist, provides timely and effective expert advice, guidance and input on situation analysis, programme strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation and human resources.
- Makes viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfillment of the rights of children and women.
- Advanced university degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research. Knowledge of GIS software, e.g. Health Mapper, ARC View, new technology platforms for data collection and analysis.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
Method for applicationLanguage Proficiency:
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.)
- Fluency in English and a second UN language (IP)
- Local working language of the duty station an asset
Core Values (Required):
Core Competencies (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Technical Expertise Entrepreneurial Thinking
Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job):
Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group):
- Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications. Computer systems/ office applications, relational databases (MS Access, SQL), report authoring tools (Crystal reports, MS SQL reporting services), GIS software, Health Mapper, ARC View, new technology platforms for data analysis.
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of : communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation, strategic communication planning, behaviour analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
- Knowledge of and experience in emergency operations and management.
- Knowledge of training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication intervention.
- Knowledge and experience to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies.
Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job):
- UN/UNICEF policy papers, relating to programme communication and programmes
- Executive Directives
- UNICEF programme manuals
- Communication for Development Guidelines
- UNICEF country programme plans
- Government development plans and policies
- UN agency agreements and joint policy papers
- Understanding of UNICEF Mission and UNICEF Guiding Principles.
- Understanding of UNICEF programmatic policies, goals, visions, positions, policies, priorities, strategies and approaches (MDGs, UNDAF, MTSP, etc.).
- Understanding of Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming.
- Understanding of UN mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of staff welfare and rights of staff members.
- Knowledge of emergency operations and security guidelines.
- Understanding of international humanitarian affairs and humanitarian work.
- Understanding of UNICEF policies and procedures for programming, operations and communication.
- Latest theory, methodology, technology and tools in the functional areas.
- Knowledge of the Programme Policy and Procedure (PPP) manual.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community capacity building.
- Understanding of government policies, guidelines, legislation and strategies on various subjects.